Wild Game Processing
WE ARE TRULY SADDENED TO ANNOUNCE WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING WHOLE CARCASSES FOR PROCESSING THIS YEAR DUE TO OUR INCREASED HARVESTING DEMANDS. WE ARE STILL ABLE TO ACCEPT BONELESS TRIMMINGS. YOU CAN EXPECT TO HAVE SAUSAGE PRODUCTS COMPLETED IN THE NEW YEAR. PLEASE LET US CONTACT YOU WHEN YOUR ORDER IS READY FOR PICK UP.
Carry In Processing
Must haves before dropping off:
- MOST IMPORTANT: DO NOT BRING WILD GAME TRIMMINGS IN GARBAGE BAGS, THEY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED! PLEASE USE FOOD GRADE BAGS!
- Garbage bags are full of chemicals that breakdown garbage, you do not want these chemicals on meat you will be consuming.
- A plan of how you are wanting the deer to be processed so team members are able to help walk you through cutting instructions at the time of drop off (hyperlink below with brochure of products and prices)
- There is a 10# minimum batch size during season and 25# batch size out of season
- Please note Crescent Meats does combine all trimmings together in order to offer smaller minimum quantities for sausage products
- A down payment is required at the time off drop off. We charge $2 per pound of meat that is being dropped off.
- Dropping Off/Cutting Instructions:
- Personnel dropping off wild game must check into the retail area for the trimmings to be weighed.
- Cutting instructions are due at the time of drop off.
- New to having wild game processed? Don’t worry about it! Our trained team members will walk you through the process step by step to ensure you are getting the products that best suits your family.
- Processing: Crescent Meats will then store the wild game trimming in our freezer until time of further processing. We will then
- Packaging: After the carcass is cut to the specified instructions all cuts will be vacuum packaged, to prolong shelf life, put into a box with the customer’s name and order number and stored in our freezer. Ground venison and sausage products will be poly-clipped, vacuum sealed or rollstocked and added into the customers box(es).
Pick-up: Once the customer order is completed and fully frozen, Crescent Meats will either text, email or call to inform the customer that their order is ready. The customer will have a week to pick up their order before a $30 weekly storage fee will be applied. Since Crescent Meats already has the customer order put into boxes, there is no need to bring coolers or boxes of your own to take home the completed order. Crescent Meats team members will assist loading the customer’s boxes into their vehicle.